This week, Carole asks what us to tell Ten Things to Put in a Salad. I lurve me a good salad. I especially like Greek salads, being Greek and all...
I will eat all kinds of other salads though, but here are my usual Ten Things to Put in a Salad:
1. Lettuce - Iceberg is best for Greek salads, but spring mix will work.
2. Tomatoes - I sure like homegrown tomatoes, but they are not always available...especially if one doesn't plant any...
3. Cucumbers - In my salad, they should be chunky cut.
4. Onions - I like the red ones the best.
5. Celery - Can't have too much crunch, as far as I am concerned.
6. Feta cheese - Love the stuff...
7. Kalamata olives - I prefer the pitted ones, but the ones with pits will do.
8. Olive oil - It does not have to be EVOO.
9. Vinegar - anything from plain white to red wine vinegar to balsamic...
10. Salt and pepper.
There you have it.