Friday, May 27, 2011

FO Friday - 5/27/2011

I've said it before...At Chez Merry Karma, there always seems to be way more knitting going on than finishing...

To distract you, here is an old FO.  I made this shrug out of Cascade 220 wool to wear to STARS games, since it is a little chilly in the building that has a sheet of ice on the floor.  To top it off, they keep the air-conditioning going like gang-busters...



I bought the yarn at the Woolie Ewe, and Jill engineered the pattern for me.



I did finish a washcloth out of Louet Euroflax Sport Weight. I was going to use another pattern from the Knitter's Stash book called the Seed Stitch Stripe Washcloth, but I wasn't feeling the love. I liked the concept of alternating ribbing with another stitch pattern; so, I settled on garter stitch. I suppose it could be called Rib and Garter Stripe Washcloth...





It now completes the set:





Will I ever use this yarn again?...Don't know.  Although it softens quite a bit after washing, it really was hard on my hands.  I've mentioned before that I've heard that they have made it softer to begin with, but I don't know about that first hand.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment