Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ten on Tuesday - 5/17/2011



This week, Carole asked us to name ten things we liked to do outside.  I know, I know...I am the Queen of Unnatural Things...I am not very granola and I am such a princess and I like to smell and look pretty all the time...My Ten Favorite Things to Do Outside:

1.  Lay out in the sun - I don't do it very much anymore...I mostly spend good amounts of money trying to undo the damage done in my sun worshipping days.  I still like the feel of the warm sun on my body though...Just wish it wasn't so dangerous.
2.  Ride a bike - Again, haven't done it in a while, but I remember the wonderful way it felt to coast on the Seawall with the sun and wind on my face...good times.
3.  Take a walk - I like taking power walks as well as slower, more reflective, just breathing and walking walks.
4.  Cook - I love to grill, although The Kid has been doing a lot of that around here lately, but he's growing up and not around as much...
5.  Eat - in my backyard, in your backyard, at a pic nic, at the beach, at a restaurant on the side of a mountain or overlooking the ocean...just not in Texas in the middle of the summer...
6.  Host or attend a party - The Kid had several outside birthday parties in his day...a costume party when he turned two, a party at his preschool where the kids had the run of the playground equipment when he turned three, a Lion King party when he turned four in which I turned the backyard into Pride Rock...We've had adult parties, too - a block party in our cul de saq, a Cajun couples shower for some friends who were getting married - the list goes on....
7.  Read or Knit- preferably under a tree, with or without people around.
8.  Cruise The Seawall with my friends, with the top down - or sunroof open or all the windows down and the radio turned up...singing at the tops of our lungs.  (I haven't done that in many, many moons...)
9.  Enjoy the sunset - standing on a deck or in the street or at a restaurant or a party outside or on a boat...
10. Garden - I never thought I'd ever list gardening as a favorite anything...but I do enjoy sitting outside or strolling from bed to bed and enjoying the pretty flowers that I put in the ground.

Thanks Carole, for another good topic.

MK out.

3 comments: