Saturday, July 28, 2012

FO Saturday - 7/28/2012

OMG!  I totally didn't do an FO Friday post yesterday...and I really meant to because I have two FOs!!!

Here it is...My Affected Shawl:



I used The Loopy Ewe's Solid Series - a light fingering weight and lovely yarn - in the colors Putty, Slate and Iron. They have such a great selection of colors. The pattern, of course, is the stunning and viral quite popular Color Affection by Veera Valimaki.

It is very neutral and really goes well with most of the colors that I wear.  That was the goal - I just wanted a grab and go shawl, without having to stop and think if it will match what I happen to be wearing as I run out the door. 

The Christmas stocking is finished and ready for the embroidery shop:

 

The purple is really looking more blue in my pictures, sorry.  I don't know how to photo shop. I used my diy pattern and Ella Rae Classic wool yarn.  I hope the giftee likes it.

So, that's all I have this week.  I am on to finishing those July socks and cruising away on my Camp Loopy Project 3.

Y'all have a good weekend.

MK out.

5 comments:

  1. The shawl is perfect! I am really itching to knit one by that pattern......and I am blaming YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, your knitting is beautiful!!!! I do have to say that the Aragorn sock that you tempted me into, is going to be the death of me. Those aggravating wrapped stitches. Did you wrap the "normal" way or the Cat Bordhi way? If yours weren't quite so inviting....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that shawl! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shawl. May have to be next on my list of to dos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your color choices for the shawl. I am trying to keep from casting on...really need to finish something else first.

    ReplyDelete