This week, Carole asks us to list Ten Everyday Things That Make (You) Us Happy. Here are mine:
1. Knitting - I knit at least a few rows everyday.
2. Listening to classical music - I have a light classical channel on my tee vee. I put it on in the morning after The Husb leaves for work. It may or may not be on all day...but I do like to listen while cooking.
3. Burning my Yankee Candles - Fresh Cut Roses is my current favorite.
4. Drinking water - I love drinking cold water with lots of ice cubes on a summer day.
5. Spying one of the cardinals that live in my bushes - The males are such a vibrant red!
6. Walking outside - I try to take a power walk on most days of the week. Some weeks, I am more successful than others...Spying one of the wild, neighborhood bunnies while on my walk is a treat too!
7. Laughing - Some days, the laughs are harder to come by, but most every day, I can at least smile about something...
8. Connecting with friends - Either in person, on the phone or through online bulletin boards/Yahoo lists, I like "talking" with my friends.
9. Waking early before anyone else is up and spending a little while by myself - 'nuff said!
10. Taking bubble baths - Burning a nice smelling candle and luxuriating in a bubble bath is truly a simple pleasure!