Monday, July 2, 2012

Movie Monday - 7/2/2012

Moonrise Kingdom is a quirky movie...it reminds me of The Royal Tenenbaums...and it is with good reason, because Wes Anderson directed both. I made the mistake of taking The Husb and Oldest Son with me, knowing that their movie tastes greatly diverge from mine. They did not appreciate the artistry of this film. It is set in 1965 and is about two 12-year-old misfits who fall in love and decide to run away together. A hurricane is nearing and the frantic search for them ensues. There are many good actors in this movie: Frances McDormand, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Tilda Swinton, just to name a few - and the kids are played by Kara Hayward and Jared Gilman. It was whimsical and fanciful and I loved it.

MK out.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to see it just for the cast. The same with Marigold. But they'll have to wait for a long flight. That's when I watch all the movies I know Bud would be miserable in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...I didn't realize how long it had been since I blogged...I'm not "Unknown" -- I'm pearl!!

    ReplyDelete