Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Ten on Tuesday - 9/20/2011 Extra! Extra! Read All About It!!!
That Carole, she came up with another good one...Ten Headlines from the Year You Were Born.
I'm going to let y'all figure out what year it was (and it was a long time ago), but here we go:
1. TIBETIANS SITE RED AGAIN; Travelers Report Speed-Up of Communizing Efforts
2. GHANAIAN LABOR HAS WORLD TIES; May Join Neutralist African Group, but Keep Link to Free Trade Unions
3. COURT BARS PICKETS ON ATOMIC SHIPMENT
4. SOVIET SPACE PROBE IS FIRST HUMAN-MADE OBJECT TO REACH MOON
5. KHRUSHCHEV TALK WITH MAO BEGINS
6. US SPACE PLAN BACKED BY NIXON
7. 40 WRITERS OUT IN MOVIE STRIKE; Members of Guild Fail to Report in Move Against 56 Independent Producers
8. PARIS WOULD BAN A-BOMB CARRIERS; UN Hears Plan to Outlaw All Means for Delivery of Nuclear Weapons
9. ELECTION REFORM BACKED BY HOFFA; Judge Approves Agreement With Monitors on Rules for Teamster Locals
10. BIG RISE IS PREDICTED FOR YEAR'S AUTO SALES
It seems that the more things change, the more they stay the same. The world continues to be concerned with things such as armaments that threaten global annihilation (the a-bomb v. nuclear missiles v. biological weapons) and the threat of a spread of a hostile ideology (the communists v. terrorists of many extremes). Unions still play a role in our workforce (the teamsters v. the NBA and NFL, most recently).
There have been changes too...it's kind of sad that the US space shuttle era has ended and that our domestic auto industry is no longer the power it once was.