Friday, September 16, 2011

FO Friday - 9/16/2011

The Merry Karma has lost her knitting mojo in the last couple of weeks.  There wasn't a problem in the project planning department - just in the execution of the plan department.

I do have some FOs to share that were completed in August...

Better late than never - the June 2011 Socks:



I used Lorna's Laces in Flamingo Stripe on two 2.0mm circulars.  I knit them cuff-down, starting with a picot edging, did short-row heels and a what I call a regular toe...nothing fancy, just plain vanilla.  I need to practice my short-row heels, because I tried not to strangle my stitches with the wraps, as Lucy Neatby once pointed out I was doing, and I think they turned out too loose.  I may not have to worry about it, since I think I found a great way to do short-row heels...

May I present the (Christmas in) July 2011 Socks:



They are also in a plain vanilla stockinette pattern.  Using two 2.0mm circulars, and Lone Star Arts Fusion, I did a modified Turkish cast-on toe, worked Cat Bordhi's Sweet Tomato Heel (OMG - it is so easy and I liked the way it made the socks look like peppermint candy!)  I continued up the leg in stockinette and finished up with Cat's Cable-Top bind-off.  I think they turned out cute.

MK out.

1 comment:

  1. I love these socks! they do look like peppermint!

    ReplyDelete