Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WIP Wednesday - 4/6/2011

I started a new pair of socks.  I am in the Sock Knitters Anonymous group on Ravelry.  They have a year-long personal sock knitting challenge KAL (knit-a-long).  For April, the sock has to be made with a non-traditional construction or Entrelac or something by the designer Chrissy Gardiner or make the mystery sock aka MOCK.  I've never participated in the monthly KAL challenge before, but since I've been wanting to make these particular socks that are made in a non-traditional way, I thought I'd join.

I chose the Skew pattern from Knitty, because I've been wanting to make those socks for a while now.  I am using two size 0US circulars and Lucy Neatby's Celestial Merino in Fiery Fuschia.



OMG, I just recently discovered the Knitmore Girls.  Actually, I've known about them for quite some time.  They are a mother-daughter team and they have a podcast, where they talk alot about knitting and other fibery pursuits.  I've tried podcasts before and wasn't too impressed; so, I had not listened to theirs....but I had heard that DFW Fiber Fest placed an ad with them a few weeks ago.  So, I listened...and I liked...and I will probably go back and hear all of their podcasts little-by-little.  I had to go to a meeting yesterday that had a fifty minute trip each way, and I played one episode on the way there and one on the way back.  (Another reason to love my iPad.)  Anyway, I love listening to the two of them talk and my favorite way to listen is to sit in my den with my knitting.

Do you listen to podcasts?

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment