( http://academic.sun.ac.za/musteg/images/mixer_en_cans.jpg .)
I have to admit, I can come up with more than ten that bring back those memories from back in the day...but here are my Most Favorite 10 One Hit Wonders, in order (for the first two - after that, it's a grab bag):
1. Midnight at the Oasis - I'm not sure if this song is an official OHW, but it's the only song I ever saw Maria Muldaur perform on The Midnight Special. Back in those days, if you had a hit, you would be on The Midnight Special.; so to me...it's a OHW. The reason I liked this song had to do with a boy, of course.
2. Funkytown by Lipps, Inc. - I danced to this song many, many, many times...good times.
3. Who can forget Wild Cherry's only hit - Play That Funky Music? I used to crank it up when it would come on the radio, while cruising The Seawall in the 65 Chevy with all the windows rolled down - because there was no air conditioning...
4. I used to know all the words to Rapper's Delight by Sugar Hill Gang. Oh yes I did.
5. Crack that whip! Whip It by Devo was always a crowd pleaser. I remember taking an aerobics dance class in college and our instructor played this song every time.
6. It's Raining Men by The Weather Girls....now that's a forecast.
7. David Naughton was Making It in the disco era. It is a catchy tune and fun to dance to.
8. Turn the Beat Around by Vicki Sue Robinson always made me sing out loud.
9. What a pity Mickey didn't understand. That's all Toni Basil could say about the matter.
10. Soft Cell's Tainted Love asks the question, "Where did our love go?" I don't know, but if you find it, let me know...
There are so many more, but I tried to keep to songs from my high school and college days.
Enjoy the earworms!
(edited to add links...didn't feel like doing it at midnight...)