Thursday, May 31, 2012

Crisis Averted...(Sort Of)

I've been away...When we had to leave, rather suddenly, the first thing I did was to run around the house trying to pack my knitting.  I do have my priorities.

I packed The Lazy Girl Shawl, My Tarty Scarf and Clara...patterns, yarn, needles...

Ten minutes down the road, I realized that I had left the second cake of Oceana on MCN Fingering upstairs where I had wound the skein into a cake.  I really didn't have the heart to make The Husb go back so I could get it...despite it being close to the end of MadMay, and I was planning on finishing the second half of the (The Lazy Girl) shawl during the hours and hours of driving time to reach our destination...So, here's what it looks like on the last day of MadMay:




I finished My Tarty Scarf three days ago, and you will have to wait until tomorrow to see it.  I like how it turned out...

The crisis?  Oh yeah.  After I finished the scarf and knitted to the very end of the first skein of Oceana, I pulled out my little packet for Clara and discovered that I had not packed the correct size needles.



I have the needles I need.  At home. Several...in the same, exact size.  I know exactly where, too.  I figured - oh well, I can study for my PANRE exam on the way home...no biggie.

The longer I thought about it, the more distressed I became.  All that time sitting in the car, and no knitting to take off the edge?  Oh my!!!

I ran to the nearest LYS and bought some needles.

Ahhhhhhh....

MK out.

4 comments:

  1. I would've done the same thing. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! I hope things will settle down for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never have enough needles and besides it helps smooth out the rough edges of the ride home.

    See you when you are back in town. Miss you.

    Prayers and thoughts
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. Been there. Probably why I have so many duplicate sets of needles! Hope things are OK...

    ReplyDelete