This week's topic in 10 Favorite TV Shows from Childhood. [To Carole - I think you are younger than I am, even though there may be some overlap.]
Anyway, we watched a lot of tv growing up. That's how my momma learned how to speak English; so, it was a win-win for the whole family. I know that there are tons more than ten that were my favorites, but I'll stick to my young teen and under years - that should narrow down the list a little:
1. Dark Shadows - My friend Patty and I would run to our respective homes after school to watch this gothic soap opera. Then, we would discuss the previous day's happenings on the playground during PE the next day. I had a little crush on David Hennesy - He played David Collins.
2. The Monkees - I fell in love and married Davy Jones while watching this show.
3. The Partridge Family - I cheated on Davy with David Cassidy, and luckily - he never found out...
4. Medical Center - I wanted to grow up and become a nurse to work with people like Dr. Joe Gannon. (Whew! No Davids on this show...)
5. Green Acres - I always did identify more with Lisa...
6. Bewitched - Ah, if only twitching my nose could get things done around here...
and I really miss fun, variety shows such as:
7. The Ed Sullivan Show
8. The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour
9. The Carol Burnett Show
10. The Red Skelton Hour
There are so many others...but I am going to stop now.