Friday, August 10, 2012

FO Friday - 8/10/2012

It's still Friday....

I have FOs....

The first one is kind of a repeat, but with a twist. 



I had the name of the recipient embroidered on the top of the stocking and it is all ready to gift.  I used Ella Rae Classic Solids and Heathers, just as I did with the other three stockings I made recently.  It's not merino, but it is a nice utility wool. 

And finally, I present my July 2012 socks. 



One of the Sock Knitters Anonymous' challenges was Colorwork/Stranded Knitting/Intarsia.  The pattern is Zirkel by Stephanie van der Linden.  It was the MOCK last July and although I didn't make it then, I filed it away to save for this year's colorwork month.   I used Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in Robin's Egg and a red that I am calling not Tart/not Scarlet.  All in all, I liked knitting this pattern. 



MK out.

10 comments:

  1. Both of these are so cute!! I always wonder about stranded yarn for socks - does it make it hard to stretch them over your heel when trying to put them on? You are a sock knitting demon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both look great, but I am in love with those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The socks turned out super-duper great! Lots of work but it sure pays off.

    The name on the stocking looks perfect. Cute project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in awe of your sock knitting prowess! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome socks! Maybe someday... Love the stocking. What an heirloom that will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pattern is gorgeous! I can't even imagine doing something so complex!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that pattern - can't even imagine turning out something so complex!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those socks turned out lovely. You are a sock knitting machine. I might need some of machine skills. Looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, what they said - those socks are STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete
  10. MK.....I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them both! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete