Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Little Karmic Balance...

Remember these socks...made using the Maylin pattern?



The Random Number Generator picked me to win one of the prizes for the June SKA sock challenge.  My prize donor was SheilaR and she dyes up some pretty yarn.  Interestingly, before I found out that I had won, I was thinking about Socktober coming up and how I didn't have any Halloween yarn.  When I went to Sheila's site and saw her lovelies whose colorways are all named after songs from my era...

(I know, right?  Win-Win!!!)

...I found Monster Mash - all orangy and brown and blackish. 



But then, she put up Jimmy Cracked Corn (and it looks like candy corn) and I couldn't decide between the two.



So, I didn't choose - I bought one of them (because I have so much willpower) and was gifted the other.



The stitch markers were part of my prize too...and she made them Halloweeny just for me.  Aren't they cute?



I will definitely have to return to her etsy store...Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree and Midnight at the Oasis are calling my name...

In other news, the Lone Star State Knitters yahoo group had a scarf swap.  Remember that secret project?  Tune in tomorrow to see it...My recipient has gotten it already.

I received my package yesterday:



I just love this pattern - Juliet by Louisa Harding.  I've made it before and it is a fun knit.  I gifted that scarf; so, now I have my own Juliet to wear and enjoy.  It's the most perfect shade of pink - all bright and hot and fucshia-y.



The rosette (Look! Sparkly!!!) is a magnetic closure. Too cute!



And finally, I have three pair of socks going right now, and I'm about to start a fourth. Shoot me now...

MK out.


3 comments:

  1. The person knitting this scarf knew your colors, for certain. It is a gorgeous scarf and fits you perfect. I love the Monster Mash and Jimmy Cracked Corn yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scarf & the rosette! What a great idea. I'm off to look at the scarf pattern now!

    The Jimmy Cracked Corn looks nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scarf! And I love the rose. Both yarns are fun. Which one are you going to use first? :)

    ReplyDelete