Monday, January 30, 2017

Movie Monday - 1/30/2017

The Oscar nominations were announced recently, and I've only seen two movies Y'all. I'm so sad. I need to get my act together!

I've have seen a couple of  (non-nominated) movies in the last week. 

The Lobster is a weird - yes, I said it - WEIRD movie about a dystopian society that demands single people find their lifetime mates in 45 days or they are turned into animals. Rachel Weisz, Colin Farrell and John C. Reilly star in this film written by two Greek dudes. Seriously? Meh.

Rebecca Hall plays a widow trying to write a biography about her dead, folk singer husband in Tumbledown. A college professor (Jason Sudeikis) comes into town wanting to interview her, as he is writing his own biography of the deceased man. Blythe Danner, Richard Masur and Joseph Manganiello also star in this rom-com that was a little short on the com(edy). It was alright.

That's all I got.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment