Thursday, February 2, 2017

Welcome to My Cray Cray

It's a new month, and with it comes new challenges. Loopy Academy was announced yesterday and a new Monthly Mixer was announced Tuesday. A new month also means a new sock. I ordered yarn for the Loopy Academy projects and decided I would not continue the fabric portion because I've got too much on my plate. 

The sock and the monthly mixer have been started. I finished my Find Your Fade Tuesday. It's currently blocking.

In case you haven't been able to keep up, all these words mean that I have eight WIPs. 

EIGHT. 

Again. 

I started the year with five, but all that shiny yarn in the vault just keeps mocking me.

I'm ok with starting new projects - I mean, it's a fact of my life - but I'm going back to concentrating on three projects at a time and one of them has to be one of the WIPs that brought in the new year with me.

Here's the current rotation sitting all together in their project bags.


Yes, there are five bags - because one project is about to be an FO - and I'm not really sure why that other one jumped in the chair, but whatever.

I thought I would show you the new mixer project.


It's going to be a scarf. The black yarn is for the lace edging that will be knitted and applied after the main body of the scarf is complete.

And here are the socks.


I pulled a skein out of the precious vault. It's Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock in ST-2 that I picked up at the first Sock Summit in 2009. I'm making Mrs. Weasley's Family Socks for the #boxosocks KAL and the Harry Potter KAL on the Inside Number 23 podcast, plus a few other KALs for which they apply. The pattern is subtle, and maybe too subtle for this yarn, but that's okay.

And here's a sneak peak:


I hope it's dry enough tomorrow for FO Friday.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment