Friday, December 16, 2016

FO Friday - 12/16/16

I know I mentioned that I was going to work on the September Monthly Mixer projects next, but the yarn and fabric fumes got to me.


I actually finished this hat in three days last month. I worked on it when I had about 8 WIPs. (Ask me how many I have now.) They were kind of stalled and I needed some instant gratification.


Pattern:  Conversationalist
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash. I used leftovers from a shawl and a blue pillow.
Comments:  The prompt for the November knitting project is to use worsted weight or bulky yarn to make something to keep a body warm and toasty. I like this pattern and have been wanting to make it for a while. 

The November fabric project took less than a day.


Pattern: I squared a yard of fabric and hemmed it.
Fabric: Riley Blake Flannel in Chatworth Cream Bloom
Comments: Sewists had to make something out of flannel that would keep someone warm and toasty. I figured this nice, soft and warm receiving blanket would fit the bill. 


I did a decorative stitch on the edge.


I had some fabric left and made a matching burp cloth.

Despite these finishes, I have five more projects to complete for Monthly Mixer and Loopy Academy.  

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment