Friday, January 1, 2016

FO Friday - 1/1/2016

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Twenty-fifteen ended, and looking over this past year, I sure didn't knit very much. According to my Ravelry page, I made 25 projects. I think my all-time high is 50. Hmmm........

I did complete all my projects for Loopy Academy though. So, I choose to be positive in my outlook and build from that.

In the knitting division, our assignments re to make a pillow, a project with texture and a project with cables. Each project had to use at least 225 yards of yarn.  In the sewing division, our assignments were to make a drawstring bag (or bags), a set of four placemats and a seasonal wall hanging. Each project had to use at least 1 1/2 yards of fabric. All supplies had to be purchased from The Loopy Ewe. After much thinking, I decided that my theme for all the assignments was Christmas.

I made three pillows to fulfill all the knitting assignment requirements. I made them in the colors I use to decorate for Christmas - cream, red and teal/turquoise. Two were finished just in time to use this year for Christmas:


The cream one was for texture:


I used Cascade 220 Super wash, in the Aran colorway. The pattern is Independence Pillow.

The red one was for cables:


I used Cascade Superwash in Really Red. The pattern is Smushion.

I finished the third after Christmas. It's the pillow, for the pillow assignment - aka the official pillow:


I used Cascade Superwash in Deep Ocean. The pattern is Delightful Diamonds.

The Christmas theme continued in the sewing division.


I had enough fabric to make three drawstring project bags using selections from Moda's Be Jolly line. I used this tutorial, except I used the accent fabric at the bottom of the bag. It's a great tutorial for drawstring bag first timers!

For placemats, I chose fat quarters - a variety of batiks in reds and teals. I made eight, because four are not enough at Chez Merry Karma.


I had seen some horizontal stipend ones and decided to make mine in vertical stripes instead. I decided not to bind them. I backed them in a beautiful red batik...they're reversible!


Finally, I used red, cream and teal fabrics from the Andover Dimples collection to make my wallhanging:


Except for all the cutting and the HSTs assembled, I made the entire thing between 10:45pm Wednesday night and 7:00am yesterday.

And then later, I boarded a plane and jetted away.


Off to the Rose Bowl today. Go Hawks!

MK out.



No comments: