Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Oscar Post

Tomorrow night is the big night!  I'm excited, even though 1. I'm not attending an Oscar party and 2. I saw all but one of the nominated movies.  I didn't get to see Her yet, but I feel confident that I can choose which movies and actors I think should win from the ones I've seen.

I almost didn't get to see another movie, but I watched Captain Phillips last night and I really liked it.  It is based on the true story of a tanker ship that was hijacked by Somali pirates in 2009. Even though I knew the outcome, it was pretty tense at times.  Tom Hanks stars as the captain, Rich Phillips.  Besides Best Picture, the film garnered a Best Supporting Actor nomination for Barkhad Abdi.  The acting is good and the story is riveting...you should see it if you haven't already.


You can see all the nominations here.


So - I will make it short and sweet and tell you who I would pick to win, if it were up to me...


Best Actress - This one is a hard category for me, because every actress was great...but...(sorry Meryl) I am going to have to go with Amy Adams.  
Best Actor -  I think this race is between Christian Bale, Bruce Dern and maybe Matthew McConaughey  (maybe) and I'm going with Bruce Dern.  
Best Supporting Actress - Jennifer Lawrence did a mighty fine job in American Hustle, but June Squibb stole every scene in which she appeared and I am going with her.
Best Supporting Actor -  Jared Leto should win, hands down.
Best Movie -  American Hustle, but Nebraska is a close second.

What are your picks?


MK out.








No comments:

Post a Comment