Friday, June 21, 2013

FO Friday - 6/21/2013

It's Friday!  I have an FO!!!



OK, it's still blocking, but it is finished.  Yay.

The pattern is Lazy Katy by Birgit Freyer. I liked making it. I used Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball. It is a single-ply wool and nylon blend...I don't really like single-ply yarns, except for Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light, because it is over-twisted and it behaves to my liking.  Anyway, the Zauberball has a little thick and thin quality to it, and for a cute, little, princess-type shawlette, I thought it was too crunchy granola.  However, the block has helped smooth it out quite a bit.  All in all, I am quite pleased with this project.

I did go down to a size 4.00mm needle, instead of the suggested 8.00, as I may have mentioned in a previous post.  I thought the fabric was too loose with the larger needle.  In going down a needle size, I did what a few other Ravelers did and worked more rows of the body (130 instead of the prescribed 100). . I think it all worked out just fine.

Now, I am on to trying to finish the May and the June socks before the end of the month.

MK out.

2 comments:

  1. MK, will try to post again. Think the internet connection is what/if sorta thing today. And I do miss you bunches.

    Absolutely love this shawl. Reminds of sliced chilled watermelon. It is that time of year.

    I have this pattern and some yarn from an LSSK Secret Santa and started it, but did not get very far. I think the idea of going down a needle size will help out a lot. Thanks for that suggestion.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Might have to add that to my que.

    ReplyDelete