It's Friday! I have an FO!!!
OK, it's still blocking, but it is finished. Yay.
The pattern is Lazy Katy by Birgit Freyer. I liked making it. I used Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball. It is a single-ply wool and nylon blend...I don't really like single-ply yarns, except for Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light, because it is over-twisted and it behaves to my liking. Anyway, the Zauberball has a little thick and thin quality to it, and for a cute, little, princess-type shawlette, I thought it was too crunchy granola. However, the block has helped smooth it out quite a bit. All in all, I am quite pleased with this project.
I did go down to a size 4.00mm needle, instead of the suggested 8.00, as I may have mentioned in a previous post. I thought the fabric was too loose with the larger needle. In going down a needle size, I did what a few other Ravelers did and worked more rows of the body (130 instead of the prescribed 100). . I think it all worked out just fine.
Now, I am on to trying to finish the May and the June socks before the end of the month.