Sunday, April 1, 2012

DFW Fiber Fest 2012 Day 2

I had fun again yesterday at Fiber Fest. I took a class from JC Briar on "Making Charts Essential" in the afternoon.  It was really, really good, and it will help me tremendously with that Lacy Top, because I have to do some decreases while following the lace pattern.  Now, I can chart out a little bit of that monster and see how to actually do that without trying to fudge around at it while I am winging it knitting.  If you ever have the chance to take a class with JC...I highly recommend that you do it.
.
I took more pictures and did less shopping. 



I had seen that multicolor skein of yarn Friday in the Western Sky Knits booth.  They are a new vendor this year, and by the looks of it, I think they were pretty popular with the crowd.



Anyway, so, I had seen that skein of yarn, and I just wanted it.  It was really pretty, but pretty wild.  I didn't really know what to make with it; so, I held off.  I went back and just bought it yesterday, and while I was walking away, I remembered a pattern that I had seen on Ravelry called Lazy Girl Shawl...Then I remembered a pretty turquoise color that Madelinetosh makes called Oceana...so, I went to her booth to look for some in her MCN.  She was out of Oceana in everything except one skein of TML and a few skeins of another base.  I went with the TML.  I am hoping that the one skein will do it, but since I probably won't start on this project right away, I can wait til her new storefront - Madtosh - opens later this month to get more...



I had also seen a pretty yarn caddy the day before in the Knitting Lagniappe booth, and went back yesterday and bought it.  It matches well enough with the blue dragonfly yarn bowl I had purchased from them in a prior Fiber Fest.

Gynx Yarns was a new vendor this year:



As was Gritty Knits:



And Wooly Wonka Fibers:



A few of the established favorites...

Butterfly Girl Designs:



The Buffalo Wool Co:



The Woolie Ewe sent their splinter shop, the Woolie Wok:



There was a Ravelry Meet and Greet in the Stitching Lounge.  Here's a picture of me with Sarah and Mary-Heather:



So, I am off for the final day of fun...

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment