Wednesday, June 8, 2011

WIP Wednesday - 6/8/2010

I have always enjoyed making things for babies and toddlers.

I started a color-block sweater for a friend's little one.  It is good basketball game knitting, because I don't have to count or anything, and it keeps my hands busy so I don't get too ner-vee-ous.*



The little dress is coming along:



I just love piping.  It is such an understated detail that packs quite a punch, in my opinion:



I used to use a lot of piping when I made things for The Kid when he was little.  I would sometimes make my own, but I am not above using pre-made piping.

I am really enjoying using my sewing machine...

MK out.


*Shout out to Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, Tyson Chandler, JJ Barea, DeShawn Stephenson, Shawn Marion, Brendan Haywood, Brian Cardinal and Peja Stojakovic of the Dallas Mavericks!!!  What a game last night!!!

4 comments:

  1. Loving the little dress....I must be careful or I will get the itch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the dress is turning out. I guess we've both gotten out our sewing machines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little dress will be perfect! I love that you can sew!

    ReplyDelete