Monday, June 27, 2011

Movie Monday - 6/27/2011

It's been a couple of weeks...

I have been watching movies, but not with my usual passion.  There's many things that are pulling me in different directions.  There's that grief thing too.  It's a time stealer.

Anyway...

Robin Wright (now without the) Penn stars in The Private Lives of Pippa Lee, about a woman with a troubled past who grows up to be the wife of a much older man, and mother to two now grown children.  Alan Arkin, Juliette Moore, Blake Lively, Keanu Reaves, Maria Bello and Winona Ryder also star.  It was definitely a chic flick, but worth a look.

I watched Handsome Harry on Showtime, and I can see why it slipped under my radar.  It's about a dying man (Steve Buscemi) who asks his Navy pal (Jamey Sheridan) to look up another Navy buddy (Campbell Scott) and pass along his apologies for his participation in a wrong the gang had committed against the guy years ago.  It was okay.

Morning Glory is a cute, but very predictable little film that was worth watching on an afternoon with nothing else better to do.  Rachel McAdams stars as a news producer who is trying to reconcile the animosity between the show's co-hosts (Diane Keaton and Harrison Ford) in order to save the show.  Again...cute, yet predictable.

Cher and Christina Aguilera star in Burlesque, in which a small town girl (Aguilera) tries to make it big at a nightclub with an iconoclastic owner (Cher).  She starts out as a waitress, but soon proves her worth as a singer and entertainer, as well as being an all around smart cookie.  It was predictable, but pretty entertaining.

We took two of the grands to see Kung Fu Panda 2.  My friend Jules told me it was a snorer, and I had forgotten that until I was telling her what I thought about it and she reminded me.  Sadly, I almost fell asleep myself.  There were some cute parts, but it wasn't as good as the first one.  Isn't that the rule, though?  Eh.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment