Friday, March 4, 2011

FO Friday - 3/4/2011

Y'all are about to learn my dirty little secret...

During February, I did finish my February 2011 socks, 2 linen washcloths, and my Lacy Summer Top.  I also felted The Surprise Bag that I finished in January and I worked (a little) on the Baby Scrap Afghan.

The DLS:  I hate finish work. 

Because of that, the only FOs I have to show for my efforts today are the two linen washcloths that I made:



I used Louet Euroflax Sportweight in the goldilocks and jungle green colorways, with US 2 needles to get gauge.  Since I was participating in the "February Library Challenge:  For your home" in the Stash Knit Down group on Ravelry, I killed two birds with one stone by making some washcloths using patterns found in Knitter's Stash.




I really did not enjoy knitting with this yarn...it's pretty stiff, but I hear that it softens up beautifully after washing - and it probably gets softer the more it is washed.  I am looking forward to that.

I bought this yarn at The Woolie Ewe's annual end-of-the-year sale in December of 2007.



I still have that Louisa Harding Sari Ribbon...I don't remember why I bought it, but it was a deal! I also still have the alpaca yarn (the tan, grey and cream yarn) but have plans to make socks and fingerless mitts out of it.  I used the pink and green Cascade 220 to make My Constant Companion, also out of the Knitter's Stash book.  I made washcloths out of the blue, green, red and yellow yarn in the front.


Y'all have a great weekend!

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment