Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday - 2/23/2011

Greetings from Chez Merry Karma.

I woke up to a cloudy day today and snapped a couple of quick pics of the projects that are currently on the front burner.  I had to dash to work, so haven't had a chance to post until now.

First, we have the Lux Scarf, made out of Buffalo Gold's beautiful yarn named Lux - hence my original name for the project.  As you may recall, I had finished it back in October and as I was about to soak it prior to blocking, I noticed a couple of stitches that were awfully wonky.  I thought about letting it go, but put the scarf in time out until I had the fortitude to rip back almost half the scarf to start knitting it again.  I did first rip back to the point where I could just unravel those stitches down to the mistake and then use a crochet hook to ravel them back up...but I wasn't happy with the results; so, I just frogged it the rest of the way and started knitting it back up.  I don't really mind.  I like knitting with this stuff.  It is made with bison, cashmere, silk and tencel...lovely stuff.  I may finish it tonight:



Secondly, I am almost to the foot expansion of the February 2011 socks.  I am making the Simple Master Coriolis Pattern out of Cat Bordhi's New Pathways for Sock Knitters: Book One, and am using Koigu:



I think I'll go knit now.

MK out.



No comments:

Post a Comment