Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Special Edition Movie Post

The Academy Awards are set for Sunday night.  I can't wait.  This week, I've seen two more movies that will round out my Oscar experience:

In Animal Kingdom , Jackie Weaver was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her role as the matriarch of a mid-level crime family.  She did a good job playing the cold and calculating mother of a group of thugs.  When her grandson comes to live with her, after her daughter dies from a drug overdose, the kid soon has to choose between the law and his murdering, thieving, drug-dealing flesh and blood.  It was pretty good.

I liked The Town much more than I thought I would.  It is based on the novel Prince of Thieves by Chuck Hogan.  Ben Affleck directed, helped adapt the screenplay and starred in this film about a group of bank robbers in Charlestown, MA.  He falls for a former hostage, played by Rebecca Hall, that the gang took during a heist.  Jeremy Renner was nominated for Best Supporting Actor for his role as a volatile member of the group.  It was good.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled activities.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment