There are some blogs out there that have a regular feature called Ten on Tuesday every week. One girl is a knitter. She comes up with a topic and she has a group of people who subscribe to her ToT feature, who in turn post their topic lists on their blogs.
Last week, the topic was Ten Favorite Oscar Winning Films. I had already written my pales-in-comparison Tuesday post, which was a lame Two for Tuesday missive with four pictures...but I did only talk about two things - my trip and the weather - so, deal with it.
I'm going to use this last week's topic and run with it over the next couple of weeks. Today, I will list my Ten Favorite Best Picture Winners...in year order:
1. Gone With the Wind (1939). I first read this book when I was in middle school and reread it about a dozen times before I got to college. The movie was a wonderful adaptation of the book. Of course, I wanted to be Scarlett.
2. Rebecca (1940). Being a second wife is not always easy.
3. All About Eve (1950). It just goes to show you that someone younger, prettier and stronger always comes along. Bette Davis and Anne Baxter were both nominated for Best Actress in this movie.
4. The Sting (1973). Robert Redford and Paul Newman (especially) were such eye candy in those days.
5. Kramer vs. Kramer (1979). That was back when women could have it all. Well, I know that we can have it all, but these days, we don't necessarily want it...
6. Amadeus (1984). The sets!!! The costumes!!! It was a pretty film to watch.
7. Rain Man (1988). Such an interesting story, and Dustin Hoffman was incredible in it.
8. American Beauty (1999). What a put upon person that Kevin Spacey character was...This movie was a little quirky; so, you know I had to like it.
9. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003). - The Kid and I agree that Orlando Bloom looks better as an elf, and I think Viggo Mortensen needs those long hairs to look his best.
10. Slumdog Millionaire (2008). It was an endearing story.
So, there you have my list. What about you?