Thursday, February 28, 2008

Knitting,Knitting and More Knitting

I thought I'd take you on a little tour of my WIPs (works-in-progress)....I know it's not Wednesday...it's Thursday, and I really should be trashing today. I'm just trying to change the subject.


First, we have My Constant Companion. It's finished, except for the weaving in of ends and felting. This thing is h.u.g.e. I am going to have to put my faith in the felting gods and trust that the size will come out just right.
















I'll let you in on a little secret. The I-cord bind off almost did me in...Not the fact that there were three rows of I-cord bind off. I noticed, after I completed the first row and was well into the second, that on exactly half - the first half - of the first row, I had not knitted into the back loops. Therefore, that nice little bottom chain was missing.















I contemplated frogging back and fixing it for about a day. Thankfully, I did not dig in and start ripping, because some friends who are heavy into the crochet (Hi MA, MJ and MS!) told me to just lay a chain across those stitches. So...I did.

















You can hardly tell - and when it felts, you won't be able to tell at all. Squee!

















Next, we have a group picture. From L-R, we have the Louisa Harding Shawlette, that is very close to completion. There's a little dress I started 2 days ago for a baby gift. (Shhh...don't tell.) I cast on the third item - a pair of Fetchings, last night. For weeks now, every time we go to a STARS game, I put on my navy blue mitts and think, "I really need some STARS green mitts." To top it off, oftentimes, I am sitting there wearing my hand-knitted-by-me STARS green shrug out of Cascade 220 wool - of which, I have leftover yarn. Finally, it hit me, so I cast on!




(Click on the pic to make it larger and you can see everything better.)









Now, if I can get that housework done...

Merry Karma out.



3 comments:

  1. Nice projects! Hey, the last several times that I've tried to email you with the medscape.com email address, it's bounced. Do you have a new one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, crochet to the rescue!

    Can't wait to see the bag all felted down!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, Y'all.

    Lorette - I PM'd you on Ravelry with my new e-addy.

    Jer - I can't wait to felt that sucker, but I haven't been home long enough during the week to do it.

    On the weekends, the Kid does his wash - not a good time for me to bump him for the washer.

    ReplyDelete