Sunday, September 18, 2016

Start Something Sunday - 9/18/2016

I was feeling so accomplished yesterday. I finished a project and I was down to six WIPs. SIX!!!

We were out of town and got back last night. I was going over all my different TLE challenges. I am caught up with all the knitting projects (I'm going to do - I'm skipping one because it didn't float my boat) for Monthly Mixers except for September. AND a new semester of Loopy Academy just started. The assignments this time are a pair of gloves, a toy and something with bobbles or popcorn stitch in the pattern. Since we are "back in school" this month, the September Mixer challenge is to make something using the color or colors of one of the schools we've attended.

Y'all do know where all this is leading, don't you? (If not, the title is a big hint.)

I had originally planned to make Rabbit Toy using The Loopy Ewe Solid Series in Ice and Slate Blue.


I wound the yarn today, loaded the pattern into Knit Companion and got started. I soon found out that I don't really like the way the pattern is written. I went back to the drawing board and found Opal Sock Yarn Bunny, bought it and got started.


I can already tell that the pattern is more to my liking. 

For the September Monthly Mixer, I decided to make Liesl. I've been wanting to make that cardi for a long time. I am using Malabrigo Rios in Azul Profundo - it's a navy color and very appropriate because I attended UT Southwestern Medical Center and the school colors are navy and white.


The WIP count is currently EIGHT.

MK out.


No comments:

Post a Comment