Last night, I had the time to sit down at the sewing machine and work on catching up with the Farmers Wife SAL. I am very far behind, although I have cut out the pieces to some of the blocks. I decided I wanted to make the Sara block. I had the fabrics picked out; so, I grabbed them and started cutting. I didn't realize that I had grabbed some cheap, white fabric that I had used for a craft project. I'm not entirely sure how it got mixed up with my quilting stash.
Anyway, I made the block, and noticed that the white pieces were looking strange.
Apparently, I was shrinking the white fabric with the iron. Horrors!
Tonight, I cut out the pieces for the block again, this time using some nice quality quilters' cotton.
I think I'll wait before I put it totally together. I still need to cool off about that one.