Monday, January 18, 2016

Movie Monday - 1/18/2016

In the last week, I've knocked one movie off my getting-ready-for-the-Oscars movie watching extravaganza. Mad Max: Fury Road is the fourth installment in the Mad Max franchise and apparently, it took many years to get it to the theater. The critics loved this movie. I did not. It had a little plot, but none of the roles were a stretch for the high-powered stars (Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron). The special effects were technically adequate, but nonstop action is not really my cup of tea...not to mention it took a third of the movie for me to figure out who the good guys were. If you're into this type of thing, I can see where it would be entertaining, but for me...no thank you. And I don't know how it got nominated for Best Picture. Oh well.

Concussion is based on a true story of the forensic pathologist who took on the NFL and their deplorable act of covering up the evidence that head hits are dangerous to a person. Will Smith plays the doctor - Bennet Omalu. It was good.

Amy Winehouse had a short, turbulent life - mostly because of the choices she made. Amy is a British documentary that tells her story. It's always a shame when someone so gifted, talented and young dies. I thought it was an interesting look. I liked it.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment