Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Happy Festivus!

Today would have been my mom's 91st birthday.  We would celebrate her special day more often than not, but sometimes when she didn't want the attention focused on her, I would tell her that we would celebrate Festivus instead. The concepts of the show about nothing and Festivus were lost on that feisty, little Greek woman, but she would at humor me and at least act like she was enjoying herself.

Now that she's gone, December the 23rd could be a sad day if I let it.  To help me from falling into the depths of despair, I planned a Festivus celebration of sorts.  I invited one of my college roommates and her two lovely daughters to come over and make Christmas cookies.

The Kid joined us, sort of:


We had quite the accouterments for an afternoon of cookie decorating:


Chocolate covered cherries are a fave:


I think they look pretty cute:


The girls were getting busy, The Kid - not so much:


I mixed up a batch of spritz cookies:


Surprisingly, The Kid got into the decorating.  I think he did a great job:


Mine weren't too bad:


I love the hat on Kate's snowman: (See my spritz cookies in the container with the cherries? I forgot to get a better shot of them.)


Amanda made a bride - complete with a silver ring on her finger - and a boy in overalls with a pocket in the front:


Not bad for an afternoon of fun:


If I look a little tired, it's because I was!


We decided that we are making this Festivus Cookie Baking Party a tradition.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment