Wednesday, May 8, 2013

WIP Wednesday - 5/8/2013

Since our last Wednesday visit, I have not even touched the cardi.  Maybe, because the weather is getting nicer and I won't be wearing it anytime soon?  I do need to finish it though, so it will be ready to wear when the time comes...

I have been working on the March socks:



They were much further along yesterday...until I noticed that I had not centered the pattern on the instep stitches.  After I had knit the entire heel flap, picked up the gusset stitches and was on down the road a bit - I realized my mistake when there were four knit stitches together on one side and what appeared to be the garter rib pattern intact on the other. 

I thought long and hard...I really did.  I tried to talk myself into believing that it wasn't that noticeable and socks go into shoes; so, really - Who would know?

Well, I would know, and it was bothering me more and more.  I kept knitting, but I was getting a bit more twitchy with each stitch.

Finally, I ripped out the needles and frogged all the way back to where I needed to start the heel flap.  I rearranged the two stitches on each sock and started the heel flap again.

I have worked some on the April socks too:



I am working the short-row heel on the first one.  I decided to make them one at a time.  I haven't done that in a while, and I thought it would be kind of fun for a change...since, it would be easy to keep track of where I am and all.  I like the way they are turning out so far.

So - that's me...how about you?

MK out.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the socks that you do. And I love those April socks with the colorwork. Missed you at knit night last night. Thanks for sharing your WIP with us blog readers.

    ReplyDelete