Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Ten on Tuesday - 12/4/2012




This week, Carole asks us to list our 10 Favorite Holiday Albums.  I don't own ten, but I will tell you about the ones I have:

1.  Natalie Cole's Holly & Ivy -  I just sing along with Natalie at the top of my lungs, usually in the car...but only when I am alone.
2.  The Judy Garland Christmas Album - Judy sings, as well as various artists from yesteryear.
3.  Kenny G's Miracles The Holiday Album
4.  Kenny G's Faith A Holiday Album - You can say that I loves me some Kenny G.
5.  That Christmas Feeling - It's a compilation album with the likes of Ella Fitzgerald, Perry Como, Andy Williams, Bing Crosy, Mel Torme and more...
6.  Harry Connick, Jr.'s When My Heart Finds Christmas - I love his voice.  He sounds like the greats in #5.
7.  40 Years, A Charlie Brown Christmas - It has various more contemporary artists performing classics.

I like to start listening to Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving until New Year's Day, (and then I am done for the year).  I put it on the tee vee when I am cooking or doing things around the house.  I listen to it in my car.  I love to take the time to drive around the neighborhood when coming home from wherever to look at the lights and decorations, while listening to Christmas music.

I'm listening to Christmas music on the tee vee right now.

MK out.

1 comment:

  1. I love your lists, but I would have to add a few. On top, I would put the Mannhiem Steamroller Christmas songs. Then I would add that I love to hear Dolly Parton and Elvis Christmas caroles. They never get old no matter how screechy they can sound.

    And one of the tabernacle choirs does an awesome job on Christmas Caroles.

    Enjoy them this time of year.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete