Monday, December 10, 2012

Movie Monday - 12/10/2012

There are so many good movies out there right now...and so little time to see them all.  I'm going to do my best.

Mark O'Brien was a journalist and poet who was disabled due to suffering polio as a child.  One of the things he wrote was an essay called "On Seeing a Sex Surrogate" about his personal experience in this matter.  The Sessions is a movie based on his quest to lose his virginity.  John Hawkes, Helen Hunt and William H. Macy star in this very poignant movie.  It was good.

I admit it, I'm a Twi, and the movies are made for me and my kind. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 is a good adaptation of the book and I loved every minute of it.  The usual suspects starred - Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, Nikki Reed, Ashley Green, Peter Facinelli, Elizabeth Reaser, Kellen Lutz, Jackson Rathbone, Michael Sheen, Dakota Fanning - and newcomer Mackenzie Foy played the half-immortal child.  It was really good.

That's all for now...

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment