Wednesday, February 15, 2012

WIP Wednesday - 2/15/2012

I seriously could have kept going with listing my favorite chocolate treats yesterday, but let's talk about a different kind of treat in my life...

Knitting!!!

My February socks are coming along swimmingly.  I am using a wonderful yarn that my friend ML gifted me a few years ago.  It knits like a dream...It is Fearless Fibers Merino/Tencel sock yarn in Delft.  Oh my.  It is so squishy!  One of the January challenges in SKA was to knit something by one of the featured designers.  Erica Lueder was one of them, and I had been eyeing her Hermione's Everyday Socks pattern for a good while.  I started the socks at the end of January, and as long as I finish them before February 29th, they qualify for prizes.  I am working them TAAT on 2-circs...my favorite way to do socks.  The pattern is quite easy, yet the result is so elegant.



The little pink something is almost finished:



Now, there is a little red something:



So, that's what is currently on my needles.

MK out.

5 comments:

  1. Good to see you back on planet and posting blogs regularly. I was missing your blogs. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your OTN projects! I have been looking for a pattern for my gorgeous SS red yarn that you gave me. Still pondering....

    In G right now. Next week is MDA all week long so I am here trying to psych myself up for next week. Hubs is working from here.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your socks - and the color is perfect. In fact, I downloaded the pattern (copy cat) and checked out her yarn. Didn't see anything quite as pretty as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing TAAT on the two circs always amazes me......I tried one time and got so confused........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Love the socks!

    ReplyDelete