Friday, February 10, 2012

FO Friday - 2/10/2012

Hello? Anyone there?


I am still having technical difficulties. The iPad is missing several proprietary features that my PC possesses...plus, I don't have a good way of storing pictures on it, because I need to purchase some things, apparently.


While I cannot post a picture today, I can link you to my Ravelry page for the January 2012 Socks that I made. I may have mentioned before that I was participating in the Mystery Sock (MOCK) challenge in the Sock Knitters Anonymous group on Ravelry. Carrie Sullivan (irishgirlieknits on Ravelry) designed the pattern, and I like it! It was my first mystery KAL. I really enjoyed it. I made the socks using 2.00 and 2.25mm needles. I mostly made the socks two at a time (TAAT) on two circulars, but there were times that I used DPNs and may have worked on one sock at a time. I used that mystery yarn from the American Red Cross knit kit. The yarn is lovely to work...too bad I don't know what the base is.


EDIT:  Here's the pic:



So, I have been watching movies. I just haven't had the wherewithal to sit down long enough and collect my thoughts to be able to make any coherant comments. I am going to break with tradition and tell you about one movie today...and I may return tomorrow and tell you about another one.


The Artist is a black and white silent film about a cast of characters making black and white silent films. Jean Dupardin stars as George Valentin, the movie actor of his time...who enjoys his craft and notoriety immensely. Enter dance wannabe Peppy Miller, played by Berenice Bejo, and the fun begins. Uggie, the dog, steals a few scenes in this engaging film, also starring John Goodman and Penelope Ann Miller. I have not seen Hugo yet, but out of the field of movies that have been nominated for Best Picture, I think The Artist is the standout. It was charming, entertaining and quite delightful to watch. I loved it.


MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment