Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ten on Tuesday - 2/28/2012 - Oscars recap



I really enjoyed watching The Academy Awards last night.  I think it was the best one in quite a while.  It wasn't perfect, but it was good overall.  I was thrilled that The Academy agreed with four of my five picks, too!

So, Carole asks us to tell Ten Thoughts on This Year's Oscars.  I have more than ten, but here are my comments:

1.  I was so happy to see Billy Crystal hosting.  He's made for the part.
2.  Michelle Williams got robbed.  I loved everyone else's performances, but...On a side note, Meryl was wearing a gold dress last night, and when I saw a clip of her last Oscar win and she was wearing a gold dress then, I thought "She's going to win tonight."
3.  Nine movies are too many nominations for Best Picture.  I would've stuck with The Artist, The Descendants, Midnight in Paris, Hugo and The Help.
4.  What was with Angelina Jolie and that pose?  Does anyone else out there think she looks too thin...as in dangerously?
5.  I did not like Sandra Bullock's look for the evening.  The outfit was not flattering and that flat hairdo thing has got to go. It is too severe for her, and she has more personality than that.
6.  Melissa McCarthy should have consulted me about what to wear.
7.  I loved the clothes (except see numbers 5&6).  Some of my favorites were Mila Jovovich, Michelle Williams, Penelope Cruz, Jessica Chastain, Octavia Spencer and Viola Davis.
8.  I thought the skit with Gwyneth Paltrow and Robert Downey, Jr. was kind of dumb.  Gwyneth looked great though.
9.  I cannot believe that Harry Potter didn't win anything...not even the Makeup award.
10.  Why is Sasha Baron Cohen such an attention whore that he always seems to go for the bad attention?

and one more, because there are really so many more thoughts...

11.  I am so glad that Uggie was allowed to be a part of the action.

Hope you enjoyed the show...

MK out.

2 comments:

  1. Sbc was just and idiot with his display - and on my buddy Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there's no love lost between me and Ryan Seacrest (I just don't get what's so special about him...) but SBC is just plain crass.

    ReplyDelete