Monday, February 1, 2010

Pajama Party!!!

I think bears have the right idea...

It rained Thursday and Friday and segued into a gray and cloudy weekend.  And c.o.l.d.  Did I mention the cold?  Saturday, we had plans to celebrate the grandkids' birthdays, as well as a Mavericks game to attend.  Four out of five of them had birthdays in January or the beginning of February.  I got up and piddled for a while, until I decided that resistance was futile.  The television and the couch were calling my name.  It was hibernating weather and I didn't even bother to get dressed.  I had TiVo'd some old movies recently and thought it was a good time to sit down and watch them.  Since we had those plans with the grands, I was only able to watch one until it was time to get dressed and meet everyone for lunch. After that, I spent the time before having to drive down to Dallas for the Mavericks game teaching the now 10-year-old boy and his 7-year-old tomorrow sister how to knit. They both did quite nicely.

Anyway, I have only watched Annie Hall once, and that was in the theater when it first came out in 1977.  OMG!  Diane Keaton and Woody Allen were perfectly cast in those neurotic roles. There was so much that I had forgotten, and the part where Woody sneezed and blew the coke out of the container all o.v.e.r the room was hysterical.  It was an intersting look at pseudo-sophisticated NYC in the 1970s. 

Yesterday, it was much more of the same.  The weather man lied, because it was supposed to be warmer and partly cloudy. In my book, partly cloudy means that the sun will at least make an appearance.  It did not, and the temperature didn't get much warmer than freezing the whole day.  I stayed in my pjs a.l.l.f.r.e.a.k.i.n.d.a.y!  I didn't feel one bit guilty, either.

I watched Separate Lies with Emily Watson, Tom Wilkinson and Rupert Everett.  I saw that movie in the theater back in 2005 and really liked it then.  On second viewing, I would still highly recommend it.  Watson and Wilkinson play a seemingly happy couple, until an accident on their property that kills a man starts bringing certain things to light.  G.o.o.d movie.

Then, I watched a dvd I had rented - 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days - a subtitled movie set in Romania in the late 1980s.  Two college roommates make preparations for one of them to undergo an illegal abortion.  It was rather heavy and disturbing.

Finally, I watched Being Julia, with Annette Bening and Jeremy Irons star in this period piece about a great stage actress (Bening) and her plot to avenge the wrongs committed against her by a young social climbing admirer.  Another really good movie.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment