Sunday, December 30, 2007

Knitinsanity!!!

Yesterday was a yes good, very good day...It started out at 0415, when I got up and got ready to drive to my favorite knit shop in Plano - The Woolie Ewe - for their annual blowout sale. I got there at 0515 and armed with my list, I set out to grab as many items on it that I could. For some reason, I thought that the sale started at 0300. Dumb me. It really started at 0500; so, it turns out that I wasn't very late at all. It was a good sale - 50% off e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g until 0800, then I think it was 35% off. For the first time ever, books and needles were included in the sale. What a deal! Why wouldn't a person get up at the crack of dawn for those terms?

It was crowded. There was a definite traffic pattern, and even if you were walking with the flow, it felt as if you were in a school of salmon swimming upstream. I meant to take a few crowd shots, but all I had with me was my cellphone, and the pics would not have been that great.



I managed to get all the yarn on my list, plus four skeins. (The little colorful ones in the middle of the picture are the rogues.)











I also grabbed several books that have been on my wish list.








After paying for my purchases, I drove back home and was laying down on the couch for a little nap by 0700.

I got up at 1030, cleaned up and drove back to Dallas to spend the rest of the day with my friend Jules. We took a walk, ate lunch and saw two movies. I will save the movie reviews for another day. I got back home by 1800 (6pm), had supper, watched a little tee vee while flipping through my new books and fell asleep rather early. Wonder why...

Merry Karma out.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, looks like lots of good loot! Since I'm on that blasted NY resolution yarn buying moratorium, I guess I'll have to try to live vicariously through the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - that was before Jan 1; so, it was the last hurrah for a while. I was in Barnes and Noble today looking at books. I added a few to my list of wants for another day.

    ReplyDelete