Thursday, July 5, 2007

Rain, Rain Go Away

I've lost count of how many days in a row we have had rain. We've exceeded our yearly average, but there is more rain in the five-day forecast. I suppose it's better than the 60 days of 100+ degree weather we had last summer, but it's beginning to wear on me. I would like to wash my car soon, if that's not asking too much. I am not a fan of the running errands in the rain. Getting in and out of the car without getting wet is rather tricky.

And let's not think about the havoc the humidity plays on ma her. (That's Texan for "my hair.") I always wished for curly hair when I was a youngun. I would get perms in my late teens/early adulthood - and they were truly a site to behold. Thankfully, I do not have pictoral documentation to share with you.

In a cruel twist of fate (Karma is a bitter pill to swallow, afterall) I have my curly hair now. Yep, now that my hormones have whacked out and I am on that slippery slope headed towards mature woman. I have c.u.r.l.y hair. Especially now...when I would like to have really straight hair. I do own a flat iron, and in the winter, I do straighten my hair. In the summer, however, with the humidity - not worth it. So, I just wash, scrunch and let it go. When it is especially humid, as it has been these several weeks, it gets really fuzzy on top of the curly.

Now, that's a look.

The one good thing about this weather is that, instead of not getting things done around the house because it is too pretty to stay inside, I have gotten farther along in my mission to decrapify my home. Yippee! Of course, those who know me also know that it is my neverending battle...but that's a post for another day.

Another good thing about this weather is that I can stay inside and knit. There's nothing like settling down, all warm and cozy with some yummy yarn.

And on that note...I think I'll go knit, since this rain is not.going.away.

No comments:

Post a Comment