Sunday, July 8, 2007

Birthday Fairy Gone Bad

When I was a bachelorette, I prided myself in the fact that I would remember the birthdays of all the important people in my life.

If you are a friend of mine, are reading this post and are thinking, “Hmm…Haven’t gotten a card from Merry Karma in…years…” don’t despair. You are not the only one. I even started rubber stamping just so I would have plenty of cute, little cards around to send out to my friends and family for birthdays and other occasions of note. The supplies are stored neatly in a closet upstairs.

I am sorry to say that all my good habits have fallen by the wayside. I am trying to do better, but as they say, “Rome wasn’t built in a day.”

All this to send a birthday shout out to my OB/Gyn. She knows who she is. Happy Birthday to you, Dr. W. Hope you had a good one!


2 comments:

  1. On the birthday thing, I consider it a success if I contact my loved ones within a few days of the birthday. Perhaps that goes along with - I think I'm on time to something if I'm within 15 minutes either way. I need a pad since I'm usually on the fly. Get it?? Di (me)OntheFly - forget that I was briefly a flight attendant. I know I'm trying to. Great blog (though I'm not really a blog pro). I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm terrible with this as well, as is most of my family. We joke that we buy belated cards in advance because we know they'll be late.

    ReplyDelete