Saturday, July 7, 2007

Merry Karma's Garden

I didn't write anything yesterday because I was out enjoying the sunshine and running all the errands I haven't done in the last week because of the rain. It is sunny again today (Yay!) and I thought I would do a little weeding.

For the record, I am *not* a gardener. I kept two African violets healthy for a couple of years while I was in college, but that is my only claim to any semblance of gardening ability. I don't play in the dirt, I don't know nuthin' about what flowers to plant where. Heck, there are many flowers I see out in the world, and I don't know what they are called. I just call the landscaper, have him come over, I point to the places I want flowers, tell him colors I like and then ...poof!...I have a garden. It's like magic.

So, given all this info, you may be asking yourself, "Wha?!? Did she say 'weeding'?" Why, yes I did. The mood strikes every now and then. I really like pulling out nut grass. I don't really know why, and don't want to think about what that might say about me, but I do like pulling out the nut grass.

This morning, I noticed that there is a patch of groundcover in the front where a healthy crop of nut grass was looking rather hardy. So, I went out there and starting pulling it out. It was quite satisfying, really. As I was walking back up the driveway, I noticed that my zinnias were looking pretty as ever....except for their leaves. Some of the leaves had a few holes in them, some had lots of holes...but some of the zinnias had no leaves left.

Merry Karma is not feeling too merry about that.

And being that I am not a gardener, I don't know what to do about it.

When I learn how to post pictures, I will show you the evidence.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! You have a blog! I am not a gardener in any sense of the word. I grew up on a farm and have pulled enough weeds for a lifetime, thank you.

    ReplyDelete