Wednesday, April 19, 2023

WIP Wednesday - 4/19/2023

I just finished a knitting project that I hope to show you on Friday.

Today, I worked on a sewing project that’s been a long time coming. I saved all of The Kid’s baseball jerseys from tee ball through high school to make memory quilts. He’s been out of high school for a while now.

Over a year ago (January 2022), I found the box of jerseys. I decided to start with the oldest and cut out all the “blocks.” I started stabilizing the shirts with interfacing, but after I did the first one, I put away the whole shebang. 



Finally, last week, I got the box out again and today, I started stabilizing the blocks while the master shower is undergoing a tile rejuvenation. In five hours, I was only able to get through half of the shirts (of the first quilt). It reminded me why I had put it all away before. It takes a lot of time! 


And it’s not a very fun job.



I hope to finish the stabilizing by the end of the weekend, because I am not going to devote five hours straight of my time again.


And to think that I have two more memory quilts after this one.

MK out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment