Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Movie Monday - 2/8/2022

I did not post about movies yesterday because I figured I’d wait to see what movies were nominated for the Oscars this morning. I have seven more to see. I usually have way more, but several of the movies garnered multiple nominations this year.


In Last Night in Soho, Thomason McKenzie plays a young girl who was accepted to the London College of Fashion, following in the footsteps of her fashion designer, but deceased mother. She quickly finds herself needing different accommodations and decides to move into a bedsit. Soon it appears the place is a bit haunted. The film is a little out there, but it’s gripping and visually interesting. My favorite part is the 1960s glamour fashion. Anya Taylor-Joy and Diana Rigg also star. I liked it.

CODA, which was nominated for Best Supporting Actor and Best Picture, is about a 17-year-old girl who is the only member of her family of four who can hear. She helps the family a lot; so, they weren’t too happy when she tried out for the high school choir and was in contention to win a music school scholarship. So much pressure on someone so young! Emilia Jones, Marlee Matlin and Troy Kotsur (who got the nomination) star in this film. It was good!

Recently binged:
And Just Like That (HBOMax)

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment