Thursday, February 10, 2022

Book Chat - 2/10/2022

Last time, I forgot to mention that I read 43 books in 2021 - 19 more books than my goal. I really am grateful for being able to pick up a book and travel to another place for a little while. 


The Hotel in the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
The story goes back and forth in time between the 1940s and 1980s. Two young lovers, one Chinese and one Japanese, are separated by the Internment of Japanese Americans during WWII. Will they ever see each other again? It was good.

Bright Burning Things by Lisa Harding
A former stage actress in the throes of alcohol addiction must choose between the bottle and her young son. I didn’t really care for the writing style, but it was tense, interesting and ultimately
a good read.

MK out.


No comments:

Post a Comment