Thursday, August 5, 2021

Book Chat - 8/5/2021

I’m still in vacay mode.


The Mother-in-Law by Sally Hepworth
Lucy has a complicated relationship with her mother-in-law Diana. When Diana turns up dead, things really heat up. Great read!

Leave the World Behind by Roman Alam
The novel deals with answering who and what can you trust in the face of adversity. As I was reading the book, I wasn’t particularly enjoying the story. I kept reading because I wanted to know what was going on. I need my answers, after all. The very last chapter brought it all home, but I still feel cheated in some way.
  
Paper Doll Lina by Robin Lucas
Lina is in an abusive marriage, but she doesn’t necessarily realize it. She knows she’s not really happy, but it takes a stranger to open her eyes. It was good.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment