Friday, August 27, 2021

Book Chat - 8/27/2021

I’m on another trip and I have the opportunity to read. I am currently at the beach; so, these books are apropos. Both are set in coastal settings.


The Land of Mango Sunsets by Dorothea Benton Frank
Miriam’s world is falling apart. She feels a return to the low country of South Carolina is in order to get things back on track. The book is a cute beach read, but I didn’t like it as much as I did Frank’s other book that I read recently. The plot development was a bit plodding.

A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams
Years ago, Lily Dane suffered a heartbreak, but life goes on. As they do every summer, she and her family head to their place on the coast of Rhode Island to escape the heat of New York City. This summer, her former best friend shows up too, with her new husband, aka Lily’s former fiancé. It was good.

MK out.

No comments:

Post a Comment