Monday, April 6, 2020

Movie Monday - 4/6/2020

I'm still staying home and binge watching The Crown, but I have watched one movie that's been out quite a while.

Kiera Knightly stars as the title character in Colette. She's a country girl who marries a big city boy...more of a playboy. His name is Willy and it's a bit apropos. He has trouble financing his high lifestyle, despite the pool of ghostwriters he keeps to maintain his literary career. It becomes evident that Colette is a better writer than anyone Willy employs, and he has no qualms about taking advantage of her talent. At first, Colette willingly helps, as it bring money into the household. Soon, tensions erupt and the wrongness-for-each-other bubbles to the surface. Things start going down paths I wasn't really expecting. It was alright.

That's the only movie I've seen in the last week. I still have more shows to binge watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment