Tuesday, April 14, 2020

A Quarantine Tale

I hope everyone, is hanging in there. I'm doing okay over here, just trying to adjust to life's changes.

I have not been grocery shopping for over a week and it was time. I haven't done curbside pickup yet, because I haven't been able to work out the timing. I tried a few times, but the dates for pickup were a week or so out, and I needed my stuff this week, not next.

I did recently sign up for Imperfect Foods, and got my first box today. Google it and read all about it. It's a cool thing, and I'm happy with what came in my box. Sorry, I forgot to take a picture. I'll try to next time.

While waiting for my box, I had to go shopping for things that they don't sell. Eastern Orthodox Easter is this Sunday, and one of my Greek friends told me about lamb rib racks at Costco. I also needed usual food and grocery items that Costco doesn't sell in normal household quantities; so, I planned on a stop at the Super Target right next door. I had to return some vitamins and exchange for the right ones at Walmart; so, to say that I had a full morning is an understatement. Since I'm a WOACA, I was able to go early. I chose to be happy about that because I've been trying to stay positive and find joy daily.

So, I went to Costco. I did see three 24-roll packages of toilet paper just past the door, but I didn't need any so, I walked on by.  I grabbed my lamb racks and took off for Target. I am happy to report that I saw name brand and generic toilet paper there, as well as tons of paper towels and other paper products. I found a few of the items on my list, paid and headed to Walmart. On the way, I saw Trader Joe's and remembered that we are almost out 


of The Husb's favorite almonds; so, I stopped. Grabbed the almonds and a few other things from my list and got back on the road. 

I got to Walmart and found the rest of the items on my list. I did forget to bring the wrong vitamins in to exchange, and made the executive decision to take care of that little job next time.

In all the places I visited today, none had hand soap, hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes, Lysol spray or Lysol all purpose cleaner. I did find a small bottle of Clorox at Walmart; so, there's that.

I also saw this sight at Walmart:






There hasn't been toilet paper long enough to spend time on the shelves at Walmart for three weeks! The neighbors have kept me informed.

And here are the goodies that took two and a half hours to procure today:



MK out.






No comments:

Post a Comment